Friday, December 4, 2015

Berry Merry Christmas!

Ok, time to make a confession...I'm a total nerd! I love to find out of the box ways to interpret every creative prompt provided by the challenge blogs. This week's Addicted to CAS challenge was code word: dimension. Hmmm. I thought about the galaxy, I thought about dimensional foam to add depth, then I was struck by last month's Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2015. Yes, yes, and yes! This Penny Black "Berry Merry Christmas" stamp worked wonders.

My card...and my entry for their design team too (fingers crossed)...couldn't have come out better. My photography skills were stretched a little bit too lol.


I bet you're asking about the dimension, aren't you?? Look what a very cool technique created!



Yep, those berries pop right out of the page! I totally wish you could run your fingers across it :) Here's my (channeling Tim Holtz) "how to".








You absolutely have to try this technique. I'm definitely making more cards using it. Feel free to comment or ask questions. I made some oopsies long the way that I'll gladly share how to avoid lol. Thanks for stopping by my blog, have a happy Friday, and wish me luck :)

Deidre :)





4 comments:

  1. Hi Deidre. AMAZING!! Thanks so much for including the photo tutorial. I LOVE this technique. And what a great way to add dimension. Your watercoloured berry branch is gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing along at ATCAS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so very much! This was so much fun :)

      Delete
  2. WOW! Nothing else needs to be said.
    love you mommie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, and an amazing new, technique! Great post - I can't wait to try it myself.

    ReplyDelete